“Millions of church kids are growing up and deciding to leave the church. They listened attentively in Sunday school, made friends, and seemed committed. But one day, they quit. What happened? The Bible says we love God because he first loved us. So if we are not primarily teaching our kids about God’s love for us in Christ, we may miss our opportunity to capture their hearts. But what does it look like to teach a gospel-centered lesson? Show Them Jesus is an instruction manual for teachers of kids and teens written by a lay Bible teacher with 30 years’ experience.
With a simple framework and lots of real-life examples, Klumpenhower’s book helps teachers to identify and communicate the heart of the gospel to each child in each lesson. Conventional wisdom says, “Make class more fun!” Or just, “Make it easier!” But Show Them Jesus challenges the culture of low-stakes, low-expectations teaching and invites teachers to do nothing less than teach and treasure the good news of Jesus in every lesson. Show Them Jesus’s how-to approach will complement and enrich existing lessons or teaching materials and is appropriate for teachers of children and teens in any setting.
- How-to-guide for teachers: Presents a simple framework and practical examples from 30 years in the classroom
- Written for laypeople: Introduces a philosophy of Christ-centered teaching through real-life stories and example
- Written by a layperson: As a vocational news reporter with 30 years of experience in teaching, Jack helps teachers identify and communicate the heart of the gospel
- Complements existing materials: Helps teachers build a gospel focus into any existing materials—even those that may be moralistic or entertainment-focused
- Captures young hearts: Gives teachers and even parents real tools to guide kids and teens into deep spiritual growth”
Come borrow this book at our Library!
(Image credit: New Growth Press)